The Lufthansa Group is taking many steps to reduce its CO2 footprint. With "PlanetBlu", Eurowings is now also introducing more sustainable fares. The reduction and compensation of individual flight-related CO2 emissions are already included in this fare.

Planet Blu can be added to the booking process on eurowings.com in three options and booked at the travel agency as a PlanetBlu Flex fare. This means that the Eurowings PlanetBlu product offers are now available in all booking channels.

Fly more sustainably with PlanetBlu Flex on eurowings.com 

The following PlanetBlu package options can be booked online:

  • PlanetBlu Pro: Sustainable Aviation Fuels reduce 20% of individual flight-related CO₂ emissions. The remaining 80% of CO₂ emissions are offset by contributing to high-quality climate protection projects.
  • PlanetBlu Plus: 10% of individual flight-related CO₂ emissions are reduced through sustainable fuels, the remaining 90% are offset by contributing to high-quality climate protection projects.
  • PlanetBlu: The surcharge is used to offset 100% of flight-related CO₂ emissions by contributing to high-quality climate protection projects.

Fly more sustainably with PlanetBlu Flex at the travel agency

PlanetBlu Flex can be booked at travel agencies as a SMART or BIZClass fare. Here too

sustainable aviation fuels (SAF) are used. The reduction and compensation of individual flight-related CO2 emissions are already included in this fare - and are reduced by 20% through the use of sustainable aviation fuels (SAF) and offset by 80% through a contribution to high-quality climate protection projects. 

A sustainability report and certificate are available on request from your Lufthansa Group contact person.

PlanetBlu Flex cannot be combined with Lufthansa Group Corporate Value Fares, EW4Business conditions and public fares. 

Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) is not produced from fossil fuels, but from sustainable sources such as used cooking oils. Compared to kerosene, SAF reduces additional CO2 emissions by at least 80% over the entire life cycle.

In order to achieve the goal of a CO2 -neutral balance sheet by 2050, the airlines of the Lufthansa Group are setting things in motion. The use of sustainable fuels, the deployment of new and modern aircraft and the contribution to high-quality climate protection projects help to reduce and offset CO2 emissions. 

Find out more about more sustainable measures

Published 05.12.2023