Lufthansa expands route network from Frankfurt and Munich in summer 2022
A total of 160 European destinations from Frankfurt and Munich
In summer 2022, you will be able to choose from more than 160 European destinations for your business and private trips. The number of intra-European connections from the hubs in Frankfurt and Munich will almost reach the same level as in 2019, with around 5,000 weekly flights. Plus, many intercontinental destinations will also be added.
The new European destinations at a glance:
- Munich - Bergen (BGO): 1 time per week, as of 7 May 2022
- Munich - Billund (BLL): 2 times daily, from 2 May 2022
- Munich - Kalamata (KLX): once weekly, as of 7 May 2022
- Frankfurt - Liverpool (LPL): up to 4 times weekly, as of 2 May 2022
- Munich - Menorca (MAH): 1 times weekly, from 7 May 2022
- Frankfurt - Rennes (RNS): 3 times weekly, from 3 May 2022
- Frankfurt - Stavanger (SVG): daily, from 3 May 2022
- Munich - Varna (VAR): 2 times weekly, as of 1 May 2022
St. Louis - new USA destination from Frankfurt
Lufthansa will fly to more destinations in the USA this year than ever before. A new addition will be St. Louis (STL) in the US state of Missouri from 1 June 2022. The first non-stop flight by an airline from continental Europe in approximately 20 years.
St. Louis is located on the banks of the Mississippi and is home to numerous international companies - this makes the up-and-coming major city a particularly attractive destination for business travelers.
The new USA connection from Frankfurt at-a-glance:
- Frankfurt - St. Louis (STL): 3 times a week, from 1 June 2022.
Bangkok, Rio de Janeiro and San Diego - new intercontinental destinations from Munich
Lufthansa is strengthening its premium hub in Munich. From 27 March 2022, the airline will for the first time fly non-stop between the Bavarian capital to the Brazilian metropolis Rio de Janeiro (GIG) and San Diego (SAN) in the USA. In addition, Bangkok (BKK) in Thailand will again be served directly from Munich. The new flights from Munich replace the previous Frankfurt flights.
The new intercontinental destinations from Munich at-a-glance:
- Bangkok (BKK): daily
- Rio de Janeiro (GIG): 5 times a week
- San Diego (SAN): up to 5 times weekly