BOARDING BY GROUP - SINCE NOVEMBER ALSO ON INTERCONTINENTAL ROUTES
The boarding procedure by group, which has proven its worth on continental flights, has now been successively extended to intercontinental routes since the beginning of November. This will enable all passengers to board their aircraft more quickly and in a more relaxed manner. Boarding follows the simple principle of window - centre - aisle. In future, passengers will be divided into six groups for their long-haul flights. The boarding group is indicated on the boarding card.
After pre-boarding, guests with priority board first, followed by Premium Eco passengers, and then Economy Class passengers with window seats, next are guests with middle seats and finally guests with aisle seats.
Families or guests travelling together will be assigned to the same group at check-in.
Overview of the boarding groups:
- Pre-boarding families with babies and toddlers under 5 years, children travelling alone, passengers with reduced mobility.
- Priority Group 1: First Class travellers, HON Circle Members
- Priority Group 2: Business Class travellers, Senators, Star Alliance Gold Cardholders
- Group 3 Premium Economy Class travellers
- Group 4 Economy Class passengers with window seat and companion
- Group 5 Economy Class travellers with middle seats and companion
- Group 6 Economy Class passengers with aisle seat
With the introduction of boarding by groups on long-haul routes, Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS can offer their guests a uniform system on all routes